Technical Support Specialist
- - Information Technology
- Full Time
- Health; Pension; Paid Leave and 401k
Are you passionate about economic fairness and social justice? Do you want to improve the lives of working people and strengthen the labor movement? If you answered, "Yes!" then the AFL-CIO may be the right place for you. We are the largest federation of labor unions in the United States, and our team of dynamic professionals is dedicated to growing worker power and ensuring every working person has a voice on the job. When you work at the AFL-CIO, you're more than just an individual employee'you're helping to lead a movement with a proud history and a bright future ahead.
The Information Technology Department provides technology and telecommunications to all AFL-CIO departments and staff in an effort to facilitate the goals and objectives of the Federation. In addition, the Information Technology Department provides technical leadership to Affiliated Unions, State Federations, Central Labor Councils, and other constituency groups.
The Technical Support Specialist provides technical support for users and systems at HQ, field, and certain affiliated organizations. The candidate will primarily be responsible for the monitoring, tracking, and resolution of IT-related issues while escalating as necessary to the appropriate resource. This individual will be an active contributor to the Help Desk in a strong service-focused role, will take ownership of tickets, and will be able to see issues through to the end.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Program Development and Implementation
● Provide IT support for end users.
● Provide first-level technical assistance for helpdesk, via telephone, e-mail, and other electronic communications, and in person. This includes working on a wide variety of hardware and software, as well as providing assistance to users at all levels of the organization, as well as to certain affiliated organizations.
● Isolate and identify systemic problems with hardware and software and recommend solutions.
● Enter calls, review and accept open calls, and provide a detailed description of solutions in formal trouble ticket tracking systems.
● Actively maintain Help Desk ticket queue, ensuring a timely response to issues.
● Provide training or guidance to users on how to properly use desktop products, e-mail, remote access, and other end-user systems.
● Responsible for PC/Mac desktop and laptop computer configuration, deployments, and troubleshooting.
● Support for some networking and cabling.
● Maintain and update the inventory of hardware and software.
● In addition to working independently, work as part of a team on large or complex problems.
● Keeps the Department Director fully informed on a regular basis on issues affecting departmental programs.
● Prepares and submits regular and ad hoc reports on departmental activities as required.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● B.A. Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
● Certifications are not required but definitely a plus.
● End-user support experience.
● Previous experience in a help desk role, 2 years or more preferred
● Previous & demonstrable ability to troubleshoot technology quickly and efficiently
● Operational experience/knowledge of Windows 10, Windows 11, Mac OS, Google G-Suite, Zoom, and Google Meet.
● In-depth knowledge of desktop suites (Google G-Suite and Microsoft Office).
● PC configuration and maintenance.
● Experience supporting local and remote users.
● Ability to work well as a member of a team.
● Excellent customer service skills and demeanor.
● Ability to work irregular or extended hours as needed.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media