- - Working for America Institute (WAI)
- Full Time
- offer a generous compensation package, including excellent health insurance.
The AFL-CIO Working for America Institute (WAI) is a non-profit, 501(c) (3) national workforce development organization for the Labor movement. The WAI assists unions, employers, labor-management partnerships, the workforce system, and community organizations by providing technical assistance, education, leadership development and policy analysis. The WAI implements employment, apprenticeship, and training-related services that help to create, expand, and retain high quality jobs.
The WAI is seeking to hire a Program Manager who will work with the Executive Director and Deputy Director to oversee and manage the implementation of the WAI's federal grant programs. The Program Manager will lead programmatic implementation, including ensuring the programs meet performance and other objectives and that federal funds are used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the grant or contract .
The position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Deputy Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Work with the Deputy Director and WAI partners to develop and implement grant and contract programs' strategies, goals, and objectives.
● Develop and oversee workplans ensure that grant and contract activities, outcomes, and deliverables are achieved.
● Evaluate the effectiveness of grant programs and recommend changes as needed.
● Identify opportunities to leverage resources to meet grant and contract objectives.
● Help sub-recipients and partners develop promising practices and strategic partnerships to improve program outcomes.
● Provide onsite and virtual technical assistance support to partners and sub-recipients to meet project deliverables, comply with federal rules, leverage resources, and promote sustainability.
● Coordinate and lead meetings and communications with partners and subrecipients
● Conduct monitoring of subrecipient organizations' programs, policies, and practices.
Federal Agency interaction and reporting:
● Develop and maintain relationships with grant-awarding agencies and stakeholders.
● Liaise with federal project officers regarding performance and financial monitoring.
● Track federal grant requirements and with support from policy staff, relevant federal guidance updates.
● Oversee and manage federal reporting, including performance and financial reporting.
Communications and administrative oversight:
● Identify opportunities to communicate program successes.
● Support program communications strategies and contribute to external communications, including outreach materials, website content, and materials and information for funders, the Board of Directors, and the AFL-CIO.
● Track program budgets and expenditures and assist the Deputy Director in reviewing and managing the budgets.
● Oversee organization and maintenance of programmatic files.
Support WAI growth and operations:
● Assist the WAI staff in establishing annual planning and budgeting priorities to advance the WAI's goals.
● Participate in WAI meetings and prepare written and oral reports as required.
● Contribute to future development opportunities and funding proposals.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
● Five or more years of program management experience, preferably in a labor related organization.
● Demonstrated experience in workforce development, skills training and registered apprenticeship programs and working with labor-management workforce intermediaries and collectively bargained training programs.
● Demonstrated knowledge of the structure and operations of the AFL-CIO, state and local labor federations and international/national union affiliates.
● Strong familiarity with federal grant management regulations and practices, especially of the US Department of Labor.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently within the context of a plan as part of a larger team in both a lead and a support role.
● Computer proficiency is required: database, spreadsheet, e-mail, internet and word processing skills including Google suite.
● Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, and demonstrated experience in developing personal work plans and goals.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Ability to travel and stay overnight for conferences, meetings and work-related events.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media