Action Builder Data Assistant (5 positions)
- - Data, Analytics & Infrastructure
- $58,861 annual
- Health and welfare; paid leave
Are you passionate about economic fairness and social justice? Do you want to improve the lives of working people and strengthen the labor movement? If you answered, "Yes!," then the AFL-CIO may be the right place for you. We are the largest federation of labor unions in the United States, and our team of dynamic professionals is dedicated to growing worker power and ensuring every working person has a voice on the job. When you work at the AFL-CIO, you're more than just an individual employee'you're helping to lead a movement with a proud history and a bright future ahead.
The AFL-CIO is planning to run one of the most robust worksite and relational organizing programs for the election this year and a key component of that work will be the use of Action Builder–the first tool for worker organizing built through a co-design process with multiple organizers across the labor movement–to track deep one-on-one conversations, power map worksites and locals and much more. The Federation is looking to hire an Action Builder Data Assistant to support this critical program.
The Data Assistant will be part of a team that will ensure the successful launch of Action Builder by working to help national and local unions migrate their data into the tool, assist unions with tool administration and technical support and ensure data gets moved back into the Labor Action Network (LAN)--the labor movement's instance of the Voter Activation Network (VAN).
The Data, Analytics & Infrastructure Resource Department's goal is to generate lasting power for the labor movement, by building the Federation's programmatic tools, web development, data systems, and analytics capacity. This team serves a broad range of clients across the labor movement--from other AFL-CIO departments to AFL-CIO affiliates, and state and local labor bodies. Through investment in central infrastructure, training, and direct service work, the department aims to empower its partners to run stronger and more cost-effective political and legislative mobilization, digital, and organizing campaigns.
Remote/Washington, DC (HQ)
This is a temporary position not to exceed November 30, 2022.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
● Assist in coordinating the day-to-day operation of Action Builder, including account creation and maintenance, campaign and task set up and more.
● Assist national and local unions with migration of their membership data into Action Builder.
● Run voter file matches, as needed, on membership lists to ensure data from Action Builder is able to be moved into the LAN.
● Clean and standardize a variety of data files, using basic scripting and tools like Microsoft Excel and Google sheets.
● Assist with Action Builder onboarding and training.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Experience–with a strong preference for administrative level experience–with Action Builder, VAN or another customer relationship management (CRM) system is a strong plus.
● Experience with relational organizing models and technology for elections preferred but not required.
● Demonstrated experience with Excel databases or Google sheets and data clean-up.
● Demonstrated experience working successfully in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments.
● Ability to work independently.
● Strong attention to detail is a must.
● Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team in a support role.
● Effective time management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
● Passion for electoral politics and issue campaigns.
● Knowledge of the labor movement is a plus.
● Ability to travel and work long and extended hours when needed.
Starting annual salary: $58,861
Please note that the AFL-CIO requires all staff to be fully vaccinated unless granted a medical or religious exemption as set forth in EEOC guidelines.