Office Administrator for Civil, Human and Women's Rights
- - Electoral, Issue and Mobilization
- Full Time
- Health; Pension; Paid Leave and 401k
This position will be based at Headquarters and supports the Director and other Civil Rights staff as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide all administrative support for Director;
• Schedule and coordinate all activities, travel and speaking engagements for Director;
• Design and create visual presentations utilizing PowerPoint or Google Slides for Director;
• Act as liaison for Director with other division staff, AFL-CIO staff and affiliates;
• Develop, coordinate and assess division systems and operations, including but not limited to, record-keeping, internal and external communications, meetings, travel and expenses and other areas as assigned;
• Review incoming correspondence and materials; independently prepare responses to inquiries and other correspondence including proofreading, reformatting and editing of correspondence;
• Support the coordination of workflow including resolution of questions and concerns, adherence to policies and procedures, and the development of communication and reporting systems;
• Assist and aid with departmental communications;
• Screen, manage and prioritize visitors, calls and mail;
• Research, compile, and analyze data; and independently prepare reports;
• Assist with planning and coordination of departments role at Executive Council meetings, MLK Civil and Human Rights Conference, AFL-CIO Racial Justice Taskforce meetings, Convention, and other meetings as necessary;
• Assist with the coordination of personnel matters including but not limited to job descriptions, postings, technology needs, training, orientation, and file maintenance;
• Understand, and be able to communicate, the function of the Civil, Human and Women's Rights division and the role of each staff person.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Positive and proactive attitude with excellent organizational interpersonal skills;
• Professional, courteous and tactful;
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good political judgment;
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team;
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while meeting competing deadlines.
• Ability to adapt to and integrate new technology trends;
• Demonstrated Ability to understand, interpret, support and apply organizational and department policies and procedures;
• Highly motivated and self-starter;
• Experience coordinating multiple schedules;
• High attention to detail;
• Demonstrated ability to work with executive staff and elected leaders from affiliates and other external organizations;
• Experience working in a high-pressure environment and meeting unpredictable deadlines;
• Experience managing and prioritizing multiple tasks;
• Excellent problem solving skills and experience identifying problems and finding potential solutions;
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office and Google product suite applications;
• Experience with and commitment to the labor movement;
• Ability to work long and extended hours when needed.
**Please note that the AFL-CIO requires all staff to be fully vaccinated unless granted a medical or religious exemption as set forth in EEOC guidelines.
Required tests include:
Clerical, Typing, Spreadsheet (excel), Proofreading, Intermediate Excel
Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media