Director of Facilities and Building Operations
- - 410 - Facility Management
- Full Time
- Health and welfare; pension; 401k and paid leave
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The 12.5 million member, 57 union AFL-CIO is seeking a dynamic and experienced candidate to oversee the federation's facilities management department. The Director of Facilities and Building Operations is responsible for the upkeep of the facility, building, building systems and manage day-to-day operations of facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Oversee all building operations, including but not limited to, maintenance and major repairs in compliance with building code and requirements. (HVAC, Roof, Irrigation, Electrical, Cameras and Plumbing)
• Ensure all city permits and inspections are secured in compliance with legal requirements. (fire, police, parking, elevator, irrigation systems and lighting)
• Insure building compliance for all City facility audits, property and liability insurance audits.
• Serve as liaison for fire, police, and the Secret Service for all issues related to street closures, maintenance, safety and security issues.
• Manage engineering, security, facilities, and cleaning personnel.
• Coordinate and oversee all company staff training activities for safety, security, evacuations, building lockdown, gun safety and code compliance.
• Coordinate and schedule all facility bookings and oversee all facility use for internal staff use, board meetings, special events, external rentals and studio rentals.
• Select, engage and oversee all external contractors for building cleaning, waste disposal, catering, refurbishing interior, plumbing, exterminators, landscape maintenance and special repairs.
• Monitor, order and procure supplies for building cleaning, maintenance and office operations.
• Coordinate technology support with IT personnel for DBDT parking lot payment systems and handle customer use (access and payment) issues.
• Oversee staff parking lot assignments and building access and compliance.
• Develop budgets and track short-term and long-term facility expenses, equipment and resource needs of federation and staff.
• Handle all facility complaints and organizational customer service issues in a professional and courteous manner.
• Manage and conduct annual inventory of property and equipment and maintain on-going inventory of condition, use, location and storage of capital/property assets.
• Primary focal point and for the coordination of operational activities of organization.
• Maintain day-to-day operations of facilities.
• Manage and secure all property leasing agreements working in coordination with the Michaels property management company.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and 7-10 years of job-related experience in property management, staff management, and event management.
• Knowledge of federal, state and city compliance laws.
• Five or more years of leading and supervising a large cross-craft staff team.
• Experience managing budgets and in implementing professional development programs and training of personnel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to write effective business communications.
• Excellent knowledge of building services and facility management.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage professional staff, develop good relationships with a diverse group of people and build a collaborative work environment.
• Ability to solve problems in a strategic and tactical manner and use good judgment in making decisions.
• Ability to work independently, use self-initiated follow-up to meet deadlines and proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Well-organized, self-motivated, goal-oriented and flexible.
• Ability to work long and extended hours as needed.
This position is an onsite, headquarters-based position. Based on job responsibilities, the position would not be conducive to regular telework absent inclement weather closures or other extenuating circumstances.
**Please note the AFL-CIO requires all staff to be fully vaccinated unless granted a medical or religious exemption as set forth in EEOC guidelines.