- - Electoral, Issue and Mobilization
- $70,150 annual
- Health and welfare; 401k; paid leave
The Writer/Researcher is part of the Materials and Research team in the Political/Electoral & Issues Mobilization hub. The Materials and Research team is primarily responsible for the development and dissemination of:
• Communications materials for electoral, legislative, and issue campaigns
• Candidate, legislative, and issue research
This is a temporary position not to exceed November 30, 2020.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Work with the Materials and Research team to conceptualize and write campaign materials such as fliers, local union letters, fact sheets, and walk or phone scripts.
• Conduct ongoing, in-depth research on political candidates and legislative issues.
• Create, maintain, and update research documents for use by the Campaigns, Political, Communications, and Digital Strategies departments, as the basis of many different facets of member and external communications.
• Track candidate statements, actions, and votes.
• Write summaries and briefings with pertinent information for use in campaigns.
• Work with Campaigns Department staff to ensure materials produced satisfy the needs of the field program.
• Fact check direct mail pieces and other materials as needed.
• Track the progress of the materials you write through the design, posting, and approval process on the Working Families Toolkit.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• BA or BS in Political Science or related field required.
• 3-4 years experience in political campaigns or party committees with specific demonstrated experience in campaign research and communications.
• Effective time management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects, including demonstrated experience in developing campaign and/or personal work plans and goals.
• Demonstrated excellent computer research skills including web-based and Nexis-Lexis research.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, and overall excellent computer skills.
• Demonstrated superior writing and messaging skills – writing sample required.
• Demonstrated ability to adjust tone and arguments for a variety of audiences.
• Ability to assess political issues and identify relevant information for a Labor political program.
• Knowledge of the workings of the labor movement and its structure.
• Demonstrated ability to work well within a team.
• Ability to work long and extended hours including weekends.
Writing samples required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media