Campaign Coordinators ( 4 positions: Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin)
- - Electoral, Issue and Mobilization
- $86,284.78 annual
- Health and welfare; 401k; paid leave
The Campaign Coordinator is responsible for critical aspects of the AFL-CIO field mobilization/member communication program. This includes working with affiliates, state federations, CLC's, community and other allies and various departments to design and implement key components of the member mobilization/member communication program.
The Campaign Coordinator is a part of the state campaign team working under the state lead.
This is a temporary position not to exceed November 30, 2020.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Training, designing and providing technical assistance in the implementation of union member communications programs in the battleground states.
- Assist the state lead and/or lead staff of the State Federation in the drafting and development of campaign plans, working with state federations, local central bodies and affiliated unions that integrate mail, phone, membership and earned media mobilization programs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of campaign plans as needed for: national campaign plans, federal and state campaign plans, state coordinated campaign plans, issue campaigns, referenda campaigns, special and municipal campaigns.
- Function as a lead in local campaigns when assigned.
- Prepare written materials for member contact programs.
- Work with state federation to prepare political persuasion letters, leaflets, and brochures as needed.
- Work with affiliates, state federations, CLC and various departments of the AFL-CIO to design and implement key components of the member mobilization program.
- Provide effective support and leadership to state and local labor leaders.
- Perform other duties and political campaign work as assigned.
- Keeps Regional Field Director fully informed on a regular basis on issues affecting departmental programs.
- Prepares and submits regular and ad hoc reports on departmental activities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in political science or related field required.
- 3-5 years of labor/political experience including a minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and driving political/issue programs.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in writing and implementing strategic political/issue campaign plans in coordination with leaders.
- Knowledge of and experience with both national and local structures of the labor movement preferred.
- Ability to manage political/issue campaigns both large and small.
- Ability to work independently within the context of a plan.
- Ability to lead and motivate others within charged political environments.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, and demonstrated experience in developing personal work plans and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams and work effectively in a team environment in both a lead and a support role.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts while maintaining important and effective relationships.
- Computer proficiency is required; database/spreadsheet, email, internet, word processing, social networking skills.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis as needed, and for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media