Data Systems Assistant Administrator
- - Data Infrastructure
- $70,149.85 annual
- Health & welfare, pension, 401k and paid leave benefits.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Data Systems Assistant Administrator plays a critical part in supporting the administration of the core infrastructure and technology that powers the Federation. A great deal of the work of this position will focus on the Labor Action Network (LAN)--the labor movement's instance of the Voter Activation Network (VAN)--but also other existing and new tools and technology. This position is part of a team responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations of the LAN and other tools--everything from creating accounts to supporting and troubleshooting issues with users to evaluating new efficiencies in workflow and uses for the tool. The Data Systems Assistant Administrator will also work closely with AFL-CIO state federations, central labor councils, AFL-CIO affiliated unions, and local unions to assist with their needs around member engagement tools and technology.
The Data, Analytics & Infrastructure Resource Department's goal is to generate lasting power for the labor movement, by building the Federation's programmatic tools, web development, data systems, and analytics capacity. This team serves a broad range of clients across the labor movement--from other AFL-CIO departments to AFL-CIO affiliates, and state and local labor bodies. Through investment in central infrastructure, training, and direct service work, the department aims to empower its partners to run stronger and more cost-effective political and legislative mobilization, digital, and organizing campaigns.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
● Assist in coordinating the day-to-day operation of the Labor Action Network;
● Monitor usage of the LAN and make sure all activities conform to the AFL-CIO Executive Policy on membership list security;
● Coordinate and prepare product from the LAN, including accountability reports; data analysis, exports for a walk, phone, mailing, and volunteer activation coordination;
● Assist with training and technical support for AFL-CIO, State Federations, Labor Councils and affiliate staff who are approved users on the operation of the LAN system;
● Work collaboratively with national AFL-CIO management and colleagues to execute improvements;
● Work with vendors, external partners, state election officials, and other outside sources on obtaining key election data (polling locations, early vote, and vote by mail results) during the campaign and making sure it is applied and used on the LAN system;
● Assist with output requests, approvals, exports and uploading of scripts in the LAN system;
● Clean and standardize a variety of data files, using basic scripting and tools like Microsoft Excel;
● Help to maintain the approved users database and assist in monitoring usage of the LAN, to make sure all user activities conform to the AFL-CIO Affiliate Member Data Agreement;
● Collaborate with other Data Team members to provide input on improvements and development to the LAN and other member engagement tools;
● Work with phone, mail and other vendors to ensure they're abiding by the AFL-CIO membership list security policy;
● Maintenance of data systems and tools;
● Other duties as assigned.
● Experience with the use of LAN, VAN or Votebuilder required.
● Demonstrated experience with Excel databases and data clean up.
● Experience working at least one election cycle or a year of experience working on political and issue campaigns particularly focused on data coordination and management.
● Knowledge of and experience with both national and local structures of the labor movement a plus.
● Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
● Demonstrated experience working successfully in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments.
● Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
● Effective time management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
● Ability to work long and extended hours as needed.
● Ability to travel for long and extended periods.
● Strong attention to detail a must.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team in a support role.
Temporary appointment not to exceed one (1) year
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media