Senior Digital Strategist
- - 240 - Communications
- $96,323 annual
- Full Time
- Pension; Health; Paid Leave and 401k
The AFL-CIO is looking for a talented Senior Digital Strategist. We're building an innovative and proactive digital media team filled with creative and strategic thinkers who will amplify our communications, organizing and political programs.
The Senior Digital Strategist will be responsible for creating and implementing email, SMS, social and other digital media strategy for the AFL-CIO's national, state and local advocacy and electoral campaigns while analyzing the results to continually improve our reach and effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creating and maintaining a strategic e-mail program for several national and local legislative and electoral campaigns.
• Managing and crafting content for multiple online campaigns simultaneously
• Monitor and seek improvements on email results based on Key Performance Indicators as well as use multivariate (A/B) testing for performance improvement.
• Use SMS tools, including blast text and peer-to-peer text to communicate with and activate voters, allies and activists.
• Create regular reports on SMS and email program performance results based on in-platform analytics and/or in-house data systems.
• Work closely with data team to effectively identify, segment, and target lists, as well as creative effective and meaningful analytics program.
• Researching, writing, and editing dynamic and effective online mobilization communications and campaigns with e-mail, text messaging, video and other online communication tools.
• Utilizing the Action Network CRM and other online tools.
• Assisting with other social media platforms and programs as needed.
• Working closely with a variety of AFL-CIO departments on the identification and execution of email and SMS components to our political, issue, organizing and legislative programs.
• Integrating online and offline activism.
• Tracking and analyzing campaign metrics.
• Researching and recommending emerging digital media technologies and channels.
• As part of a training team, train national, state and local organizations on online organizing, communications, SMS, email and best practices and tools.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of four years of proven experience designing, executing and tracking successful e-mail and online advocacy programs.
• Experience using SMS texting tools for communications and/or advocacy.
• Experience working on social media campaigns and platforms.
• Strong editorial judgment and writing ability. You should be able to quickly craft compelling copy in an authentic voice that resonates with our audiences.
• Experience with online organizing and innovative ideas for how to use digital strategies to win local and national campaigns.
• Creative ideas for mobilizing members and integrating online and offline activism.
• Experience with Constituent Relationship Management systems
(i.e. Action Network, Blue State Digital, Salsa, etc.).
• Expert knowledge of the latest online tools and emerging technologies.
• Experience on new media legislative or election campaigns.
• Familiarity with analytics and metric tools.
• Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, Photoshop and PHP a plus.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Some travel may be required.
• Ability to work long and extended hours when needed.