- - 130 - Legal
- $27.64 starting hourly rate
- Full Time
- Health benefits; Leave benefits; Pension and 401k
The AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee (LCC) is a non-profit, educational, membership organization composed of over 2,000 lawyers who represent national and local unions affiliated with the AFL-CIO. The LCC operates out of the AFL-CIO General Counsel's office.
This position reports to the General Counsel, the LCC Managing Counsel, and the LCC Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative support for the Office of the General Counsel and the LCC including but not limited to:
o Distributing mail including bills, requisitions, and correspondence to appropriate persons;
o Screening phone calls, and resolving routine and complex inquiries;
o Filing and preparing routine correspondence, letters, memos, and check requests.
o Making travel arrangements;
o Letter preparation, scanning, mailing, and filing for the AFL-CIO's Article XX and XXI dispute resolution procedures, under the supervision of the Article XX and XXI Coordinator;
o Administrative support for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) applications and certificates of attendance, including scanning, producing mailing labels and envelopes, and hard copy filing, under the supervision of the LCC Administrator;
o Filing of all LCC check expense invoices and check stubs electronically and in hard copy, in preparation for annual audit.
• Organize monthly newsletter under the guidance of the LCC Managing Counsel and AFL-CIO General Counsel in Word format;
• Update and maintain LCC listservs through Google Groups;
• Assist in the maintenance of the LCC membership database, including member outreach, organizing membership forms, handling membership inquiries, troubleshooting member queries, maintaining membership database (including spreadsheets for individual dues paid, organization total payments, and list of delinquent members), and compiling the annual membership directory in Word format;
• Organize monthly hiring hall (job announcements) in Word format;
• Produce and distribute electronic announcements via Action Network;
• Provide administrative support to LCC in planning events and meetings, including the LCC Annual conference, LCC Board of Directors meetings, and other legal programs;
• Provide support for the LCC's virtual meetings, including troubleshooting real time login issues and being available to take phone inquiries during the sessions;
• Maintain all LCC files both electronic and hard copy;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proven ability to be a team player and a key part of collegial office;
• Ability to proofread and edit documents;
• Careful attention to detail;
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities;
• Experience creating and maintaining databases;
• Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills;
• Professional, courteous and tactful;
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good political judgment;
• Ability to manage workflow and work within a team;
• Experience working with staff from multiple programs and projects;
• Excellent problem solving skills;
• Highly motivated and a self-starter;
• Ability to work efficiently with a team;
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Access;
• Familiarity with Google Groups preferred;
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
REQUIRED TESTS: SPREADSHEET (Excel), DATABASE (Access), CLERICAL, TYPING and JUDGMENT
Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media