Senior Office Administrator
- - 1202 - Economic Power & Growth
- Full Time
- Employer paid
The Organizing Institute (OI) trains aspiring and experienced organizers in the field of union organizing. The OI is a part of the Economic and Growth Hub and works with other Hub programs on special projects and strategic campaigns to assist unions in building power for working people in order to create a stronger labor movement. The OI provides several different trainings as well as an apprenticeship program to meet the needs of affiliated union, their staff and member organizers.
The position serves as the programmatic Administrator for the Organizing Institute by handling the day-to-day operations of the Organizing Institute. It supports the OI Director, OI field staff, and provides administrative support to the Growth hub as needed.
● Handle day-to-day operations of the Organizing Institute.
● Handle all data systems for the OI. Collaborate with Information Technology database developers to improve database functions, forms, and reports.
● Handle the process and approval of bills, check requests, purchase requisitions, and training registration payments.
● Handle all logistics for OI trainings including setup, registration, post training evaluations, and training closeout.
● Review and negotiate with vendors on proposals for catering and when necessary off-site locations within budgetary guidelines for AFL-CIO meetings.
● Coordinate with Meetings and Travel department to secure payments to venues, hotel and caterers.
● Lead OI training logistics conference calls with OI senior staff and administrative support staff.
● Assist OI staff with travel logistics for all OI meetings and trainings.
● Assist apprentices with processing paperwork and placement.
● Edit/review training materials and OI curriculum manuals and guides.
● Assist affiliate union officers and staff with training registration, registration payments, and general inquiries.
● Provide on-site training coordination when needed.
● Independently create/process summary invoices for billing; reconcile credit card payments with the Accounting department reports.
● Create training announcements; edit OI newsletters, and correspondence for distribution through Action Network.
● Provide support to OI Director on special projects.
● Manage inventory of OI materials, promotional materials, and files.
● Collaborate with other hubs and departments to support program growth and functions.
● Handle registration management and logistical aspects for meetings.
● Suggests new processes or procedures for working more efficiently and effectively, particularly through the use, of innovative technologies.
● Collect, review, and analyze historical travel and meeting data in order to predict future trends.
● Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years of cumulative experience with meeting planning;
• Minimum 3 years of demonstrated successful experience in a customer service environment;
• Demonstrated experience developing food and beverage menus;
• Demonstrated experience to understand, interpret, support and apply organizational and department policies and procedures;
• Demonstrated experience with working independently;
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good political, fiscal judgment and discretion;
• Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information;
• Demonstrated ability to exercise high attention to detail;
• Demonstrated ability to work with executive staff and elected leaders from affiliates and other external organizations;
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while meeting competing deadlines;
• Demonstrated ability working as a team player;
• Excellent communication, verbal, written and analytical skills;
• Positive and proactive attitude with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Highly motivated and a demonstrated self-starter;
• Excellent collaboration, problem solving and customer service skills;
• Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office and Google product suite applications.
Required Tests include:
Clerical, Typing (50 wpm), Proofreading, Spreadsheet and Intermediate Excel
Hours will be 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media