Information Technology Director/Chief Security Officer
- - 430 - Information Technology
- $132,234 annual
- Full Time
- Employer paid
The AFL-CIO is recruiting for the new position of Director of Information Technology and Chief Security Officer. The successful candidate will act as an adviser, a director, and an innovator assuring that the AFL-CIO operates state of the art IT systems in the most secure environment possible. The ideal candidate will see IT systems as central to organizational objectives, have deep team management experience, including experience with IT system restructuring and overhaul, and extensive cybersecurity experience. Essential experience includes strong team management, experience in upskilling team members, and experience building and managing IT infrastructure in on-premise and cloud configurations. The Director will partner with the separate Data, Analytics, and Infrastructure team, and should have some experience with systems architecture and security beyond the perimeter of IT networks. The Director will coordinate with state and local labor bodies and affiliate unions to find best in class technology applications. Finally, the Director will have a proven track record of quality control and top-notch customer service for the user community who rely upon computing networks, audio-visual networks, desktop/laptops, web-conferencing, PDAs, email, and phone systems.
Role priorities include strategic planning and information technology, security and deployment. Core competencies include technical capability, strategic thinking, customer/client focus, and leadership.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
● Develops and manages systems and procedures required to ensure security of networks, infrastructure, phone systems, desktops, laptops, mobile devices, audio-visual systems, and applications.
● Recommends and plans, in both the short-term and long-term, information technology to support and meet federation objectives based on research and evaluation.
● Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
● Directs implementation and execution of new/upgraded information systems via well-defined plans including procedures, deadlines, and accountability.
● Evaluates and implements IT policies/procedures, and equipment, for maximum efficiency and cost containment.
● Structures, leads and manages training and development for IT staff for maximum effectiveness. Directs education programs for IT staff.
● Performs liaison duties between users, operations and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, security, modification, and troubleshooting.
● Communicates with and advises national unions and affiliates. Oversees and works with state federations, CLCs, and affiliates to define networking and office automation needs and recommends/develops solutions.
● Organizes the development of a work plan and ensure work plan vision and goals are implemented across the team.
● Organize and conduct AFL-CIO technology conferences.
● Others duties as assigned.
● BS in a related field with a minimum of 12 years of experience in the Information Technology arena with at least ten years of experience which must be managerial and strategic.
● Extensive experience managing IT system overhaul.
● Extensive experience in the most current technologies and products in the industry.
● Extensive cybersecurity experience not limited to network but especially deep into program.
● Experience managing IT infrastructure in hybrid configuration on the premises and on the cloud.
● Demonstrated experience upskilling the IT team, including skill development in the areas of emergent technologies.
● A strong working knowledge of networking and office automation and cloud systems with in-depth experience in all phases of LAN/WAN/desktop security and telecommunications.
● Experience with data/database options, with networking and procurement preferred.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to manage relationships in complex and political and sensitive organizational situations.
● Experience with, and knowledge of, the labor movement.
● A high level of individual motivation and a proven self-starter.
● Excellent time-management and organizational skills, and must be able to multitask and prioritize.
● Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act proactively.
● Ability to travel and perform evening and weekend work.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media